Friday, February 27, 2009

Class exercise - burberry and color scheme


1. The first one is achromatic color scheme. You can see that there are black, grey and white color on that. As there is light yellow and pink added, it creates a harmonious effect. It's because the value of yellow and redcolor is high, which is near white.

2. The second one is mono-chromatic scheme. It uses different shade and tint of same color - red, to create harmony. The value of black is high, therefore, it becomes grey color and the value of it is similar to the value of red, also create the harmonious effect.




Before I learnt the color scheme, my collection has a horrible color matching. The better one is the 2nd one and 3rd one. Others, either the value and chroma is wrong, or the wrong color scheme.

After I learnt the color scheme, I learn to use mono-chromatic scheme like the last one. Also, I learn to use spit complentary scheme (5th picture) as I don't use it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment